Be a part of our ever-growing community! We can't do this without you, and we're sincerely grateful for your support. Donations can be made one-time or as monthly-recurring. All donations go directly towards artist fees and operational expenses.
Music of Reality is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions for the charitable purposes of Music of Reality must be made payable to Fractured Atlas only and are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Music of Reality is funded in part by the Council for the Arts at MIT and The Puffin Foundation
Jacob Hobbs, Gary Davison, Tim Pierrepont, Mohammed Arif, Rebecca Woodmass, Sonya Sutton, Kirsten Volness, Peter Auger, Alejandro Risso, Taylor Hayward, Jim Shaffron, Jamie Leidwinger, Allison Allain, William Torres, Amy Advocat, Mary Edwards, Charlotte Stewart, Lin Schmale-Tate, John Titterington, Erin Kelly, Sam Torres, Jane Ibbett, Joan Phalen, Bei Shen, Stefanie Lubkowski, Alyssa and Tristan Lawson, Rawan Angele, Bayard Brewin, Stefan Vastek, Beth Torres
In two years of programming, Music of Reality has:
- Commissioned 12 composers for 12 world premieres
- Collaborated with 10 university-affiliated researchers at New York University, Brandeis University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Johns Hopkins University, and Harvard University
- Worked with 14 different ensembles/performers
- Recorded an album
- Reached 100s of audience members
Music of Reality's mission is to:
- Present high-quality events that combine science, research, art, and music in thoughtful and stimulating ways
- Work with people who are on the cutting-edge of their field and who are passionate about communicating their work to a general audience
- Present events that are accessible and non-prohibitive for everyone
- Present programming that represents a wide and diverse swath of voices
- Work with our community to explore new territory and their interests