Music of Reality is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions for the charitable purposes of Music of Reality must be made payable to Fractured Atlas only and are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Donations can be made one-time or as monthly-recurring. All donations go directly towards artist fees and operational expenses.
Music of Reality is funded in part by Council for the Arts at MIT
In only one year of programming, Music of Reality has:
- Commissioned 11 composers for 11 world premieres
- Collaborated with 5 university-affiliated researchers at New York University, Brandeis University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and Harvard University, and began collaborations with professors at Tufts University, and University of Massachusetts for future programming
- Worked with 8 different ensembles/performers
- Recorded an album
- Reached 100s of audience members
This is just the beginning. Our 2017/18 season is already an expansion in scope from the first, with more events and collaborations to be announced.
Donate now to become a member and a part of our ever-growing community. Members get personalized perks, such as discounts and social events with the founders and collaborating scientists/artists.
Music of Reality's mission is to:
- Present high-quality events that combine science, research, art, and music in thoughtful and stimulating ways
- Work with people who are on the cutting-edge of their field and who are passionate about communicating their work to a general audience
- Present events that are accessible and non-prohibitive for everyone
- Present programming that represents a wide and diverse swath of voices
- Work with our community to explore new territory and their interests