Music of Reality is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions for the charitable purposes of Music of Reality must be made payable to Fractured Atlas only and are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Donations can be made one-time or as monthly-recurring.
All donations go directly towards operational expenses.
In only one year of programming, Music of Reality has:
- Commissioned 11 composers for 11 world premieres
- Collaborated with 4 university-affiliated researchers at New York University, Brandeis University, and Harvard University, and began collaborations with professors at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Tufts University, and University of Massachusetts for future programming
- Worked with 8 different ensembles/performers
- Recorded an album
- Reached 100s of audience members
This is just the beginning. Our 2017/18 season is already an expansion in scope from the first, with more events and collaborations to be announced.
Donate now to become a member and a part of our ever-growing community. Members get personalized perks, such as discounts and social events with the founders and collaborating scientists/artists.
Music of Reality's mission is to:
- Present high-quality events that combine science, research, art, and music in thoughtful and stimulating ways
- Work with people who are on the cutting-edge of their field and who are passionate about communicating their work to a general audience
- Present events that are accessible and non-prohibitive for everyone
- Present programming that represents a wide and diverse swath of voices
- Work with our community to explore new territory and their interests